Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 - A Blog in Review

Happy dwindling days of 2014! It's been...an unbelievable and unexpected surprise...and I've spent so much time planning, and prepping, and looking towards 2015 already, that it feels strange, and yet fittingly, to put on the breaks and acknowledge that, "Oh yeah! A whole year just went by!"

2014 saw the "Heels or Sneakers" become "Going the Distance," as I struck out on a new adventure...a new job...a new home...engaged...and planning a wedding. A million little twists and turns played out along the way, and you were here for all of them, but just in case you too need a recall of the unimaginable adventure of 2014, then it's time for the 4th annual (I can't believe I've been writing this crazy thing for 4 years!) Blog in Review!

January - 2014 kicked off with everyone's new favorite winter buzzword - the polar vortex...and the most read post of the new year ->CLICK HERE<- told of the highs and lows of being confined to one's couch for the day because of the -45 degree temperature. We could have put that post on a "rinse and repeat" cycle, as winter 2014 didn't get much nicer!

February - For the second year in a row, February was the month of the Indoor Ironman, and for the second straight year, the Indoor Ironman recap got the most hits for the month. ->CLICK HERE<-. This year I have a new gym away from La Crosse, with no indoor race on the horizon, so we'll see if I get motivated enough to track it myself!

March - For whatever reason, the blog post that got the most attention in March, was the blog post that admitted I wasn't blogging enough in March. ->CLICK HERE<-. Maybe everyone came back all at once to see what the hold up had been? Truth be told there wasn't a hold up beyond my own busy schedule. Highlights of that include the Galesville piano recital, my sister's birthday, and coming up with vague monikers for "semi-anonymous man friend" who graced the posts of "Heels or Sneakers" as any number of things before taking on his permanent title, "J Word."

April - April brought the A to Z blog challenge, and with it, a host of new traffic to the site! In a landslide, the most read post of the month was on interval training, which I can only imagine happened because I somehow got tagged to a google search, or listed among people's common interest or recommended reads on Facebook, because I just can't imagine everyone is soooo in love with interval training. Still, even with the added blog traffic, it won out by over 100 page views so, if you missed it, now's your chance... ->CLICK HERE<-.

May - Fittingly, May's big announcement of a new job and pending move got a lot of attention, so much so that it earned top honors for the most view post of the spring! ->CLICK HERE<-

June - ...and following May's "I'm leaving" announcement, came June's goodbye, and my tearful speech for the last time from the G-E-T stage, which earns honors for most viewed post of the summer. (Because let's face it...I just didn't blog in July!) ->CLICK HERE<-

July - See above!

August - August saw the turn from "Heels or Sneakers" to "Going the Distance," but it was actually the kick off of the Friday Fives that saw the most attention. To relive the first one... ->CLICK HERE<-.

September - Starting a new job and going back to school in September provided many interesting challenges, many of which made the blog...and some of which you people seemed pleased to read. 2014's back to school post was the outright winner with twice as many page views as any other September post. ->CLICK HERE<-.

October - The return to Chicago wins out as October's event to remember. Round two race recap ->CLICK HERE<-.

November - In November, I actually titled a post "I think I'm losing my mind...", but it did not get the most attention. Instead, it was the pre-Thanksgiving/Black Friday writeup ->CLICK HERE<- that took the top spot.

December - Which brings us back to December, where fittingly, it is the Ten Things I've Learned from My Year ->CLICK HERE<-, that have drawn people back to the blog.

And there you have it...the full year as it's been...and it's been a whirlwind! Next year doesn't look to be slowing down, so stick around for the stories and shenanigans. And as always...

Happy Trails,


No comments:

Post a Comment