Tuesday, January 6, 2015

30 Before 30 - Two things in one second

Happy 2015! Welcome to the new year; I hope it holds something great for you.

Five days in, and things seem to be off to a pretty good start. I mean, I crossed two things off of the 30 before 30 list in a mere matter of seconds on January 1st, so that has to count for something, right?!

The first one is not really a big secret. In fact, Mookie even Facebook messaged me about 3 hours before to make sure I was staying up with J Word to cross off #20 - "Kiss someone at midnight." You know, I thought it was sad when I had to add that to the list, but I've since discovered I know a lot of people who weren't in relationships at the appropriate time of the year (and refused to kiss a stranger at a party or bar) and therefore went kissless for quite a while as well. I no longer feel badly about this...and it also no applies.

Secondly, the turning of the new year marked the end of a full year, and thus completed #1 - "Go a year without library fines.) Truth be told, I benefited from moving during that year, and therefore no longer faced the lure of the La Crosse library across the street. I did get a Rochester library card. It seemed only fair. But stuck mainly to ebooks, which conveniently return themselves after the loan limit! It's like the world conspired with me to get this one done!

I'm not sure what the next item to fall from the list might be. Europe is on the radar for 2016. J Word and I continue to pursue the next great American novel. Pinterest has become my recipe box...does that count for #3? J Word's 30th birthday is coming up in a few months. Maybe I'll celebrate by taking him on a random spontaneous weekend flight...though that seems oddly self-serving...fun...but self-serving.

I don't know. The year is destined to be an adventure, and I'm sure I'll find random things along the way I never would have dreamed of putting on the list, but will be memorable and amazing. Like a wedding...that's kind of a big deal, you know!?

Happy Trails,

No comments:

Post a Comment