Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A Blog Post in One Act

Believe it or not, it's time for another round of theatre posts to start taking over the blogs spaces of Going the Distance. It's barely been a month, I know (TRUST ME...I KNOW!). In fact, we close Honk! exactly a month ago today. However, the second round of theatre-dom here in my new Minnesota adventure is the one act play competition, and that's rapidly approaching in January. So, ready or not, here we go again!

For what it's worth, though I'm still a bit burned out from musical land, I'm pretty excited about my script choice for one act. It's called "I Remember," and it's by the same playwright who wrote "Outside In," my first adventure in theatrical direction. "Outside In" was a great show...in fact, it's even one that I would do again, and they have a one act version that was VERY tempting when I was reading perusal scripts. However, so as not to ruin any further plans I may or may not have with "Outside In," I went a different route, and if all goes well, maybe it will be the dry run of doing a full length, Dennis Bush production in the future. ...anything is possible.

Happy Trails,

No comments:

Post a Comment