Friday, December 18, 2015

Four Thoughts for Friday - Days before Christmas

It's been in the 40s for the last week or so, and it's not feeling very "Christmassy" without at least a little dusting of snow on the ground, or flurries in the air. But inside (both in the house, and that corny place called your Christmas spirit!) the holidays are here, and my Christmas lights, tree, ugly sweater, cookies, garland, and nativity scene are proof!

It really is the most wonderful time of the year. I love Thanksgiving as a holiday in and of itself, and in my mind it kicks off the holiday season which rolls through New Years! Summer is great because you have day after day of long sunshine, warmth, greenery, and endless opportunity. Winter is great because no other time of the year has so much merriment and celebrating pre-planned into the calendar than the holiday season. After January 1st, then winter enters that long, dark, cold streak that melts into a grey, slushy, spring. That would be the least wonderful time of the year! So before we endure that, let's get our kicks in now!

Of course, the holidays aren't for everyone, and some are more excited than others for Christmas and the New Year. So if you're feeling more humbug than holidays, here are a few thoughts to put you in the spirit of the season. Of course, if you're already feeling merry and bright, this should add another yule log to your fire!

1. For when you need Amazon Prime for that last gift: I LOVE Christmas shopping in that, "I love finding the perfect gift for everyone" sort of way, but not in that, "I love packing the mall and walking three miles across the parking lot" sort of way. Thus, Amazon Prime is the greatest thing that's ever happened to me! And not just because the two day shipping is awwweeessoommme...and my Discover Card now gives me bonus rewards for Amazon shopping, but also because sometimes the reviews are class A entertainment. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, you need to CLICK HERE right now!

2. For when you just can't stomach one more Christmas cookie: Everyone has a favorite Christmas cookie. Mine, ironically, is not one that was even made with frequency at our house growing up. My Mom used to make sour cream rollout cookies, which are pretty close. But my favorite is the good, old fashioned, sugar cookie...preferably with buttercream frosting...which I now make for myself once a year at Christmastime because otherwise I'd be obese!! Happy...but obese!! If you need additional cookie exchange ideas outside the realm of the obvious, CLICK HERE. If you just want to look at pictures of beautiful food...you should also click the link!
YUUMMM!!!
3. Heard it on the radio: All the top songs of 2015 in one song. That song is better than all the Number 1 songs from 2015 combined!! Oh wait...


4: Google It!: Google's end of the year review is one of my favorite things! Like Julie Andrews style favorite things! Watch it...love it...spread the Christmas cheer! 

Happy Trails,





No comments:

Post a Comment